The European Rail Timetable is available for purchase from this website and from the following retailers:
- Oundle News (Oundle, Northamptonshire, UK).
- Stanfords (Long Acre-London and Corn Street-Bristol, UK www.stanfords.co.uk).
- Treinreiswinkel (various, Netherlands www.treinreiswinkel.nl).
- GVE-Verlag/BahnBuchShop (Bahnhof Berlin-Lichtenberg www.bahnbuchshop.de).
- Fahrplancenter (Winterthur, Switzerland www.fahrplancenter.com).
- WH Smith Paris, 248 Rue de Rivoli.
- La Librairie du Voyage, Rennes, France (www.librairie-voyage.com).
- Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk).
- Ian Allan Bookshops (London Waterloo, Cardiff, Manchester and Birmingham).
- All good book shops.
Pre-Order the August ERT
The August edition of the ERT is now with the printer. The advance orders will be dispatched on July 31 and if you haven’t already ordered your copy there is still time to do so. The August edition will have updates to the International section, as well as for Great Britain, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Finland. For their “Route of the Month” the editors of Hidden Europe magazine take a trip from Budapest to Belgrade, whilst the “Beyond Europe” supplement details services in South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The August edition costs £15.99 plus postage and packaging.
Istanbul – Ankara High-Speed Services
Our August “Newslines” makes reference to the start of Turkish high-speed services between Ankara and Pendik (Istanbul). Unfortunately timings were not available as we reached our printing deadline but no sooner had our pages been dispatched further details were made available. It has now been confirmed that services will commence on July 26 with six services in each direction. Departures from Ankara are at 0600, 0850, 1145, 1440, 1740 and 1900. Return services depart Pendik (Istanbul) at 0615, 0740, 1040, 1330, 1610 and 1910. Journey times vary from 3 hours 40 minutes to 3 hours 55 minutes. All trains call at Eskişehir with certain services making additional stops. Full details will, of course, be included in our September edition.
Don’t forget that the Summer edition of the ERT is also still available. Priced at £17.99 plus postage and packaging, the Summer edition contains an extra 32 page section at the front with a detailed 7-page feature on Rail Passes and extensive country by country information such as embassies, tourist offices, public transport, telephones and public holidays. At the back there are an additional 64 pages containing all six of the most recent Beyond Europe sections, together with a bonus 3-page section covering South America.