The January 2015 and Winter 2014/2015 edition are on sale at the following retailers:
- Oundle News, Oundle Northamptonshire, UK.
- Stanfords, Long Acre London and Corn Street Bristol, UK (www.stanfords.co.uk).
- GVE-Verlag/BahnBuchShop, Bahnhof Berlin-Lichtenberg (www.bahnbuchshop.de).
- Fahrplancenter, Winterthur Switzerland (www.fahrplancenter.com).
- Blackwell's Bookshop, Broad Street Oxford UK.
- Ian Allan Bookshops, London Waterloo, Cardiff, Manchester and Birmingham.
- Treinreiswinkel, Netherlands (www.treinreiswinkel.nl).
- WH Smith Paris, 248 Rue de Rivoli, Paris, France.
- La Librairie du Voyage, Rennes, France (www.librairie-voyage.com).
- Voyages SNCF Travel Centre, 193 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9EU.
- Travel Bookshop Pied à Terre, Amsterdam, Netherlands (www.piedaterre.nl)
- Treinwebshop.nl, Netherlands (www.treinwebshop.nl)
- Freytag & Berndt, Reisebuchhandlung, Wien, Austria (www.freytagberndt.com).
January ERT now available
The January edition of the ERT is now available. The January edition contains updates for Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Italy, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. In addition there are a number of updates to the shipping section. In certain other countries, particularly France and Germany, many tables in the December edition were compiled using advance data which is sometimes liable to change in the final timetable and we have updated as many of these services as possible. For their “Route of the Month” the editors of Hidden Europe magazine take a trip from Taranto to Naples (Table 638), whilst the “Beyond Europe” section covers India. The January edition also includes a 3 page summary of the principal European rail passes.
The January edition costs £15.99 plus postage and packaging. You can order the January edition on our website www.europeanrailtimetable.eu
Winter 2014/2015 ERT
The Winter 2014/2015 edition of the European Rail Timetable is based on the December monthly edition but with extra pages. It has an additional 32 pages at the front with a 7-page feature on Rail Passes and detailed country by country information on embassies, tourist offices, public transport, telephones, holidays and more. At the back there are an extra 64 pages enabling the seasonal editions to contain all six of the most recent Beyond Europe sections.
The Winter 2014/2015 edition costs £17.99 plus postage and packaging. To order visit our website www.europeanrailtimetable.eu
Cross-border services between Sežana (Slovenia) and Villa Opicina (Italy) are now operated by train following acceptance of Slovenian Railways electric trains to run in Italy. These services, which started in December, were initially operated by buses.
Spanish Railways have amended some of their timetables and these will appear in the February edition.
In Turkey TCDD have introduced a limited number of “Ada Express” trains between Istanbul Pendik and Arifiye (and possibly Adapazari). Reports also suggest that the long absent “Pamukkale Express” between Eskisehir and Denizli may return before the end of January. We hope to have details of both these services in the February edition.
Other products now available from European Rail Timetable Limited
European Rail Timetable 12 month subscription (from £186.00)
European Rail Timetable Summer 2014 edition (£5.00 plus p&p)
Cook’s Continental Time Tables & Tourist’s Hand Book 1873 edition (£12.99 + p&p)
November/December 2010 Overseas Timetable (£19.99 + p&p)
August 2013 European Timetable (£19.99 + p&p)
Thomas Cook Rail Map of GB and Ireland 7th edition (£5.00 + p&p)